top of page
1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
1.1 The terms in the Policy are used in the following definitions:
- personal database is a denominated set of ordered personal data in an electronic form and/or as personal data catalogs;
- personal data subject consent is the expression of free will of an individual (provided the person is informed) to consent to their personal - - data processing in compliance with the defined processing purpose expressed in a way that allows to conclude that the consent has been granted;
- personal data processing is an action or a number of actions, such as collection, legislation, accumulation, storage, adaptation, change, restoration, use, and sharing (distribution, realization, transfer), anonymization, and destruction, that may involve the use of (automated) information systems;
- personal data is information or a set of information about an identified or specifically identifiable individual;
- personal data subject is an individual whose personal data is processed;
- third party is any person with the exception of the personal data subject, personal data holder, and personal data controller;
cookie files are small text files stored in the browser of a device (PC, mobile phone, etc.) after visiting the Website, and transferred by the Website to the browser. One may learn more about cookie files at https://allaboutcookies.org/.
1.2 The Policy is developed to inform personal data subjects about the personal data processing procedure while visiting/using the Website and to ensure the protection of their personal data during such processing.
1.3 The Foundation is a holder of the personal data processed in relation to visiting/using options of the Website. The Foundation is entitled to authorize third parties to fully or partially process personal data based on an agreement made pursuant to applicable laws.
1.4 The Foundation guarantees that it:
Adheres to appropriate personal data protection practices and regulations;
Protects the rights of personal data subjects;
Prevents the risk of breaching personal data processing security.
1.5 An individual is a personal data subject under the Policy provided that they visit the Website, use any options available on the Website.
1.6 The purpose of processing personal data obtained during the functioning of the Website is the implementation of the Foundation's Charter-designated activities.
1.7 Publishing the Policy on the web page indicated in paragraph 4.1 of the Policy constitutes informing personal data subjects about the personal data holder, composition and contents of the personal data collected in relation to visiting/using the Website, the rights of such subjects, the purpose of collecting their personal data, and any third parties to which the personal data may be transferred.
2. PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
2.1 The Foundation may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you provide to the Foundation: the information about you provided by using the Website and options of the Website, subscribing to email updates, making charitable contributions (donation) using options of the Website, communicating with the Foundation via options available on the Website, etc.
- Information about you collected by the Website and other systems: 1) when you visit the Website, third parties may collect some information about you and your visit, such as browser type and version, the Website pages you visit, IP address; 2) the Website may download cookies to your device; 3) when you contact the staff of the Foundation using the Website or other electronic communication tools.
- Information about you collected on the Website by third parties through certain actions: This is information about you that you provide to any third parties (e.g., Facebook, Google, Twitter) using social media exchange options available on the Website when you go from one page to another or by viewing materials containing links to (opening) other platforms (websites).
2.2 The way the Foundation processes your personal data depends on how you use the Website and interact with it. Some information may be provided directly by you when you use the Website or in other ways; information also may be collected and independently processed by the Foundation with automated technologies used on the Website.
2.3 Legal basis for data processing: The Foundation processes your personal data during your Website visit provided that 1) the Foundation has received your consent to processing; 2) your personal data is necessary to the Foundation to arrange and implement a transaction with you or to take measures that precede a transaction; 3) in case the Foundation has a legitimate interest to process your personal data, and this legitimate interest does not prevail your data protection interest or your fundamental rights and freedoms; 4) in other cases defined by the current legislation. In some cases, the Foundation may have a legal obligation to process your personal data or will process your personal data to form, exercise, or defend legal claims.
2.5 The Foundation may use your personal data only for the purposes and goals defined by the Policy and the current legislation, including (but not limited to), 1) processing your request (inquiry) to the Foundation sent through the Website, 2) ensuring your ability to make charitable contribution (donation) using options available on the Website, 3) implementing other Charter designated goals of the Foundation in the manner established by the applicable laws.
2.6 The Foundation may accumulate personal data processed during your visit/use of the Website via means that include entering these data into the personal database. Your personal data is stored in compliance with the requirements of the applicable laws in the personal data field.
2.7 Distribution of your personal data is only possible with your consent or in cases established by the Policy and current legislation.
2.8 The Foundation may partially publish user data on its Website under Reporting, Income.
2.9 Your personal data is subject to removal or destruction for the following reasons:
- Expiration of the 2-year storage term or another term established by the applicable laws;
- Termination of legal relations between the personal data subject and the Foundation, unless otherwise provided by law;
- In other cases established by the current legislation in the field of personal data.
2.10 The Foundation does not process personal data on the racial or ethnic background, political, religious or worldview beliefs, membership in political parties or professional unions, criminal conviction, data related to health, sexual life, biometric or genetic data, with law-established exceptions.
3. RIGHTS OF THE PERSONAL DATA SUBJECTS.
3.1 When visiting/using the Website you have a right to:
- Receive not specified in the Policy information from the Foundation regarding the processing, terms of your personal data access, or to give an appropriate mandate for the receipt of this information to the authorized persons, with law-established exceptions;
- Free access to your personal data;
- Receive a response to a request regarding the processing of your personal data in the manner and within the time limit determined by current legislation;
- Submit a reasonable claim objecting the processing of your personal data, or demanding the change or destruction of your personal data, if such data is processed illegally or is unreliable;
- Protect your personal data from illegal processing and accidental loss, destruction, or damage due to its intentional concealment, failure to provide or untimely provision, as well as protect yourself from providing information that is unreliable or disgraces the honor, dignity and business reputation of a person;
- Withdraw your consent to the personal data processing;
as well as use other rights defined by current legislation in the field of personal data protection.
3.2 If you have any questions regarding the Policy or if you have received any unwanted email sent by the Foundation or allegedly sent on behalf of the Foundation, please contact the Foundation at its direct email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4.1 The Foundation reserves the right to revise and change the provisions of the Policy.
Current edition of the Policy is posted on the Website at: https://www.kmafoundation.ca/
bottom of page